Pages


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The devil will pop out

When I was a little girl I remember going to my grandparents house. We would love to make faces in this huge mirror that was hung behind their couch. My Grandfather would always joke around with us and say,"If you look in the mirror too much the devil will pop out." It's funny because each time I would practice posing for a competition (which meant looking in the mirror a lot) I would hear my Grandfather's voice teasing us about the devil popping out. In a sense, it's true. The reflection either showed all my flaws or parts of my body I was proud of. It was either pride and vanity or disgust and disappointment. Today I pray that if my soul could look in a mirror, it's reflection would be...merciful, graceful, loving, forgiving...beautiful just like Christ.
"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is in the Spirit. " 2 Co. 3:18
P.S. no work out today

1 comment:

  1. Loving the reflection I see in my sister, my friend, my confidant...I see Jesus in you, I see beautiful.....love you. ~Ange

    ReplyDelete