Pages


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Muscles have Memory

Yesterday I trained my shoulders and triceps for the first time in 3 months. It felt great. I was afraid I'd lost them! Muscles have memory whether we are referring the automatic movements our bodies make or a bodybuilder's definition, where your muscles actually can bounce back to size and strength after a prolonged layoff from working them. Unfortunately, I'm realizing our regrets, failures and mistakes have memories, too. Even though we know God forgives and forgets we have a hard time letting them go. In my process of transformation, I realize I must let go in order for the metamorphosis to continue. Faces, pictures, places, and songs can all trigger a memory, good or bad. The hard part is keeping the memory but allowing the emotion not to overtake you. The memory is there to help us learn. With out the memory we can not grow, evolve, change, metamorphose into the beauty that awaits us. So, I'm keeping the memories, forgiving the feelings and just like my "muscle memory" I will be stronger and better. "I am sure that God who began a good work in you will keep right on helping you grow in His grace, until His task with you is finally finished on that day when Christ returns." Phil. 1:6
P.S. planned on working biceps and back, but went to dinner with a friend...way more important.

1 comment:

  1. You are a great writer Michelle. You are one of those people I have in my life who seem to like the surprise approach. You allow us all to think we know who and what you are and then out of nowhere you "sucker-punch" us into reality-of this "side" of you. Looking forward to watching your future.

    ReplyDelete