Pages


Monday, February 8, 2010

When I grow up I want to be a butterfly

My day started like every other day...opened my eyes, wandered to the kitchen, started cracking eggs to make my egg white/oatmeal pancake. One thing was different; my thought process. I usually think about any important meetings or appointments I am obligated to, but today I thought, "What will I do exactly to help transform my soul? What is holding me back or weighing me down?" Later in the day I still hadn't quite figured it out until I watched a beautiful Monarch butterfly flutter by me. It soared carelessly through the air. "What if my soul felt as light as a butterfly floating through the sky?", I asked myself. Then the words came to me...."Let go, let go, let go." Letting go means to resign to anything I can't change whether it's mistakes, regrets, failures or hurts. Which actually means I will have to change. When I look at a butterfly I'm amazed at the miracle of it's stages of life. Buckminster Fuller said, There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly. If you think about it a cocoon is ugly, cracking, hard, boring to look at and all wrapped up in it's self. Yet if disturbed during it's process it will never fully develop and the miracle inside will never be released. It will never have the opportunity to fly free. So...the truth is you have to go through the ugly to get to the beauty, but if it makes me soar like a butterfly it's worth the process.
"Now your attitudes and thoughts must be constantly changing for the better. Yes, you must be a new and different person." Ephesians 4:23
P.S. worked shoulders and triceps, ran 30 min.

1 comment: