Pages


Thursday, February 11, 2010

God said, "Whew"

I have been impatient my whole life. I was the kid at Christmas that would open all my presents under the tree, then secretly re wrap them, only to be disappointed while I watched everyone else opening theirs with squeals and excitement on Christmas morning. There I sat, pretending to be happy. I have never in my life been patient for anything. I've jumped at any opportunity without seeking God. One thing I’ve learned on my journey, is that God speaks to us. It is that small, almost silent voice inside of us we can barely hear. When we are impulsive, out of control, in denial or rebellious we drown out that voice. His voice is quiet for a reason. He gives us the choice to be still and quiet to try to hear his instruction or to do our own thing. Here is what I know to be true: If you do not follow the path He has made for you, He will get you on that path one way or another. Our way is going to painful, traumatic and full of heartache. His way is so much easier, but…we will get there. And when we do He will probably let out a huge sigh of relief and say…”WHEW”. Then there we will be safe in His loving, forgiving, merciful arms saying to us, “I was never going to let you go.”
“I will instruct you and guide you along the best pathway for life; I will advise you and watch your progress.” Ps. 32:8
P.S. my plan is to work back and biceps, run 30 min. plan subject to change

1 comment: