Pages


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It is Well with my Soul

It's amazing to me that someone who has had such trauma in their life could write the words, "It is well with my soul", but that is what Horatio Spafford did in the 1800's after losing his daughters in a shipwreck. (He also suffered many other horrible events in his life.) Horatio knew God's miraculous power to change a person's grieving heart. No person could truly have peace after all the things he endured without knowing God. My life, thankfully, has not been as traumatic, but I also know God's peace. The peace came in one instant after I said , "God, I surrender my will to you." The circumstances in my life didn't change and... I didn't win the lotto, didn't get a promotion, didn't win an award. Only one thing changed, I surrendered. Now I can truly say, "it is well with my soul."
Psalms 143:8 "Let the morning bring me your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift my soul."
P.S. great workout- back/biceps/abs/ran 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment