Pages


Sunday, February 7, 2010

The journey begins...

I surrender. Sometimes in life we need to surrender. Surrendering is to yield, to give up in favor of another. Surrendering isn't always a bad thing. At times, it can make us stronger. I'm at a point in my life where I know it's time to surrender...so, here it goes. My list of things I surrender: my pride, my arrogance, my selfishness, everything and anything I've put before God. I'm thinking like this: if I can spend countless hours in the gym working on the outside, what will happen to me if I spend countless hours working on the inside? Romans 7:18- "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature." For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. In my own human nature, I am powerless. This is the year I dedicate to my inner being, my soul. In my 41 years, I have never desired to know God more than I do now. I'm on a journey to find God, who HE is and what HE means to me. Let the training begin!

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog! I'm proud of who you are, but so excited to see the woman you are becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend and I are calling this our "supernatural" year, or our "year of Jubilee". For me, this is the year I intend to set myself free from all attachments, particularly those that stand between me and my relationship with God.

    Although my friend's desire is to find a mate for herself, this is my year to really work on my inner self as well. I'll enjoy hearing about your journey. Although I'm still trying to get my work situation under control, I'll be posting as well through my other blog http://mbbrad4d.xanga.com/

    Namaste, sweet thing.

    ReplyDelete